Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thanksgiving Plan


www.allposters.com


Even though I adore Christmas, I never rush the season.  

I want us to celebrate all we have to be thankful for - we have been given so much!

I love the pilgrims, who came here as separatists from the Church of England.  They had been in Holland for many years and were concerned with the culture and how their children were being influenced by it.

The risked so much to come and make a new place.  A place where they could worship God in freedom.  I love my children knowing the history of Thanksgiving and that it is not about football and shopping.  It is a day to be remember to be Thankful!


Mom and I talked about our menu today - Turkey, of course.  I always slow roast my turkeys overnight.  Here is a link to a post on how I do this.

Emily is going to make mashed potatoes.  She loves them and has been the potato masher for the last several years!  We are also going to do sweet potatoes roasted in a bit of honey and cinnamon.  Stuffing, is a must and my mom is going to make corn, cranberry salad, a pumpkin roll and pumpkin pie.  I am going to make English apple pie and chocolate pie.  We may do a homemade roll too, but not sure yet.



We will be inviting a few others to join us on this special day as well.


We will, of course, set the table beautifully - china, cloth napkins, candles, beautiful glasses, as we like it to be special - a real feast.


What are your plans for Thanksgiving?




I am joining Debbie today for a Thanksgiving link up!  Let's not forget Thanksgiving!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar