My days of social cyberia are over!
My PC is back - pimped, pumped and ready to blog.
Here's what I found on my camera from the past couple of weeks.
Most of the shots involve food or the preparation thereof.
It's a problem.
What is this strange compulsion I have to document food preparation?
I suspect it's because I'm so fundamentally greedy, that I'm wanting to consume food on every level possible.
Do you think there's a support group for this?
Hang on, that's what a blog's for, right?
Oh, look here's one of a humanoid.
Mr Magoo in his inside tent.
We had a couple of weeks of miserable weather and this kept he and Bugsy occupied for, hmmm, probably half an hour?
It was a long fortnight.....
I resorted to taking more photos of food in my desperation.
Can't even remember what I was making here, but I thought the way the butter melted into the leek, particularly fetching.
Mimi making cookies with her able assistant, Bugsy.
She's so much more patient than I/me....how do I end this sentence...it's bugging me!
Happy mail from Beck.
Her lovely husband Wes carried this all the way back from London under her instructions. He was stuck in the ash cloud and was seriously in need of distraction, so he rang her and said "Hey, what would you like from Anthropologie?"
They bought it for me for when we have "phone coffee".
Beck & I live in different states, so it's important to be prepared for when we chat.
I've since adopted Wes as my older, more benevolent brother.
I'm assuming he doesn't mind.
{Too bad if he does}
The girls were coming over for coffee, and my Spidey senses were tingling to turn this promising group of ingredients into this:
Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce.
Happily, it tastes better than it looks.
You need the merest sliver with strong coffee.
You might need to go to confession afterwards though.
So factor that into your timing.
Then in my sugar-induced semi-coma, I turned the above into this:
Lemon Meringue Cake with Lemon Curd.
The top of this is intended to be crowned with glorious meringue peaks.
And it was.
When I put it into the pantry the night before.
The next morning, most of the peaks had been mysteriously eaten by our house elf, affectionately known as "Not Me".
Luckily, with the addition of cream and berries, disaster was averted.
Then our coffee klatch came together and we had a merry ole time discussing the latest Booker Prize Winners, the parlous state of politics in Sweden and lamenting the rise of the Pandora bracelet as a status symbol.
Our diabetes test results are pending.
Kids up a tree...
A happy place to be.
Wish it was me,
but I was stuck in the laundry.
I've toyed with the idea of my own little backyard orange juicing sweatshop.
The workers are slightly messy however.
But do they know how to garnish or what?!
I served them chocolate & raspberry pavlova in order to keep their orange squeezing arms strong and their spirits high.
It's all been quite exhausting really.
Lovely to be back - can't wait to catch up with you :)





















0 Yorumlar