Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Warm Glow of Candles

We love candles and ‘mood lighting’ in our home, especially in the winter months.

So we have a lot of candles that are on timers that come on in the evenings and lamps with dimmers.

DSCN3060 

But real candles are nice to have on hand too. I buy these tall glass candles from Dollar Tree and ‘spruce them up a bit’!

DSCN3061

This week I added some Velum paper with soft white designs to add to my white candles.

I did a tutorial a few years ago, so I’ll share it again today. You can either use paper you have or print out a nice image.

This particular print I copied as a 5 by 7 but I made others full page and cut them down.

DSCN0102[3][3]

I trimmed the top and bottom to get the perfect size.

DSCN0105[6][3]

You need some overlap but not too much...so I marked and trimmed....

DSCN0108[3][3]

then I used double stick tape. You could glue but I LOVE double stick tape!

DSCN0109[4][3]

SO EASY!

DSCN0110[3][3]

Stick on one side…

DSCN0111[4][3]

Lay it down and wrap around....

DSCN0112[3][3]

And this is how it will look...

DSCN0113[3][3]

and then the FUN begins!

DSCN0115[4][3]

I loved deciding what ribbon or embellishment to use! Vintage lace and trims are the best!

DSCN3066

I need to add a little something to these now!

DSCN3065

And on one of our hikes we picked up this branch with pinecones still attached and I thought it looked so pretty! (thanks hubby for carrying it the whole way! LOTS to be thankful for!)

DSCN3064

I’m joining Thankful Thursdays today!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar