Today ended earlier at work then I anticipated, so Jim and I were able to do something we haven't done for a month- go eat a meal together at an inexpensive mongolian restaurant. It was nice to relax! Then we went to Borders, which I love. We wandered the aisles and picked up a few magazines. The cool moment came when we got to Best Buy and found Witchblade the complete series on DVD. I used birthday money and picked that sucker up! I really hope to watch it this weekend- at least some episodes.
I want to talk about Michael Turner for a moment. Both Jim and I were very surprised at how much we were affected by it. We only met Turner once, and then it was briefly, but he had always felt like a peer to us. Losing him at such a young age to such a horrible disease that he had fought bravely still shocks us. I don't feel any sense of closure at all. I know this may sound morbid, but I want to know how his family is doing, and find out if he has been put to rest in some fashion. I know that there was a memorial service at SDCC, but I didn't hear much about it. How are the rest of you doing?
Thank you for all the kind words about my blogoversary. It means a great deal to me! Four years went by quickly! I hope to be blogging for many more years. Knock on Wood. LOL.
Not much more to tell. I desperately want to get caught up on blogging but I know that won't happen this week. I have inventory tomorrow and Friday, and it is intense, hard work. I expect to work a 16 hour day tomorrow and at least 12 hours Friday. At my age it really wears me out! Heh. I told Jim that if I make it through this week I am going to have a cocktail!
Until then, take care!

0 Yorumlar