Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Instant gratification

I have lost my creative energy. I hope it is only temporary because I have so many things I want to make (mostly clothes) and so little motivation. I thought a small instant gratification project might help to kick start my creative juices.

Image source
Have you heard of cherry stone pillows? It is a hot water bottle replacement that is so much more comforting that a squishy plastic hot water bottle and - added bonus - doesn't add to the landfill when it is no longer loved. It doesn't leak either. And I love the smell when it is hot. If you are lucky to live in an old Swiss or maybe German farmstead with a Kachelofen (pictured above), you can keep your cherry stone pillow warm for the evening, when you want to go to bed. We are not so fortunate in our 1920s pebble dash semi-detached but the microwave works well, too. We only have one at the moment and sometimes, it is a hotly contested for item. James and Alistair love it when they have sore tummies.



We've had the same cherry stone pillow for years and years. Every couple of years I make a new cover because so it looks nice once more. When I was tidying up my sewing space a few weeks ago, I came across two blocks that were left over from James' quilt. Simple maths is not my strength, I made too many! I reinforced each block with a remnant of interfacing and then quilted them with bold yellow diagonal lines. Then I sewed them together, right side facing and leaving a gap. Once turned, I cut a hole in the old and no longer pretty cherry stone pillow and poured the stones into the new cover. It is a bit smaller than the old one and there are some spare cherry stones....

I am rather pleased with the new cherry stone pillow cover and it literally took less than 30 minutes to make. I have also ordered a 1 kg bag of new cherry stones to make two or three more. I'll keep one hidden just for myself.

And now you must excuse me, I am taking James and his girlfriend to an anniversary hot chocolate and cakes date. I'll of course not cramp their style but will be nearby in case I am needed.

Have a lovely weekend xx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar