Sometimes I stop and think and I'm once again shocked that any of you come back and read my blog.
You just don't know how much it means to me.
Thank you for coming by.
Bill was sick Labor Day Weekend.
After the third day of action films, I escaped the guns and the violence and headed to the garden room where I could shut the door!
Ahhh, blessed silence.
When we redecorated the garden room last winter, I loaded the dish dresser full of our
Johnson Brothers' Denmark dinnerware.
You just don't know how much it means to me.
Thank you for coming by.
Bill was sick Labor Day Weekend.
After the third day of action films, I escaped the guns and the violence and headed to the garden room where I could shut the door!
Ahhh, blessed silence.
When we redecorated the garden room last winter, I loaded the dish dresser full of our
Johnson Brothers' Denmark dinnerware.
I wondered what to do with it for fall.
While I liked the idea of orange pumpkins with blue and white, in the end I decided it just wasn't me.
While I liked the idea of orange pumpkins with blue and white, in the end I decided it just wasn't me.
Warmer tones were in order.
I unloaded all the blue, unearthed the brown and packed the blue away.
One of my top thrift stores buys was an amazing set of Florentine by Crown Ducal creamware for only about $40.00.
It was a service for 12!
I unloaded all the blue, unearthed the brown and packed the blue away.
One of my top thrift stores buys was an amazing set of Florentine by Crown Ducal creamware for only about $40.00.
It was a service for 12!
I love the fruit and flowers around the band.
It makes a perfect base for some brown transferware.
I've been collecting transferware since the late 90s.
I've been collecting transferware since the late 90s.
As you can see, it has been a slow collection to build. It is very difficult to find at an affordable price.
Affordable, in my definition, is around $10.00 a plate.
This warm and lovely neutral will make a great backdrop for pumpkins and turkeys in the coming months.
It may even stay for Christmas.
Bill made the dish dresser for me during the 80s.
It was patterned after a Welsh dresser we saw in a magazine.
I've had the terrarium for a long time.
It comes in and out of my rotation as a display piece.
The brown dishes have been put away for almost two years and they have never been out in the sunroom.

I love it.
Affordable, in my definition, is around $10.00 a plate.
This warm and lovely neutral will make a great backdrop for pumpkins and turkeys in the coming months.
It may even stay for Christmas.
Bill made the dish dresser for me during the 80s.
It was patterned after a Welsh dresser we saw in a magazine.
He'd like me to retire it because his woodworking skills have improved since then but this is a special piece.
It was one of the first things he ever built.
Not every wife can ask, "Honey, can you build me....?"
I've had the terrarium for a long time.
It comes in and out of my rotation as a display piece.
The brown dishes have been put away for almost two years and they have never been out in the sunroom.
I love it.
It all feels brand new!
Katie
Katie
Funky Junk Interiors
From My Front Porch to Yours



0 Yorumlar