Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Super League manager’s goal takes on a shocking new international role

Shane Flanagan has been appointed head coach of the Macedonian national team.

Flanagan, who had once been touted as a target for the Leeds Rhinos as the West Yorkshire club sought to reorganize their boardroom, had been canceled by the NRL in 2019 for violating a previous sanction.

“I love coaching as a profession,” Flanagan said.

“I’ve done it for the past 20 years and I want to do it again, but we just have to move on and see what the next challenge will be.

“When the time comes whether it’s an assistant manager or a head coach role, I’m good to go.”

One man who will be at his side is Premiership-winning captain Paul Gallen, whom Flanagan coached at the Cronulla Sharks.

“Gal (Paul Gallen) is good, he probably thought he was the manager of the last players he played!”

Gallen also had some good words to say about connecting with Flanagan once again.

“Flan (Shane Flanagan) and I have a great relationship and have known each other for decades.

“We have won a Premiership together and we get along very well.”

For Flanagan, however, his mind seems set on a job as an NRL coach, despite previous reports linking him to a move to the Super League.

The Daily Telegraph previously reported that Flanagan had turned down a role at Headingley.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar